Monday, August 18, 2008

Charlotte made through her 1st day of Kindergarten

Charlotte made it!  Her 1st day of Kindergarten.  She didn't want me to take her to school, she didn't want me to pick her up from school, she just wanted to ride the bus,  I guess I can't blame her.  I really didn't think I would cry, but I did, that bus pulled up to take her away and there I was crying, but Charlotte reassured me that "it would be okay" and that she "was going to have fun".  Then it got even worse as I was walking back to my house with just me & Evan.  Man I have I been spoiled (or damned) to have 4 kids in my house this whole summer.  What am I going to do next year when she is gone all day and it really will be just me & Evan all day?
Charlotte got home from school and gave me the typical answer of what she did at school - "I don't know, I don't remember", but then she started to tell me funny little things that happened, 2 kids got hurt at PE and one kid got lost.  She said she had fun and is even willing to go back again tomorrow.  I can't believe she is going to school, I just can't believe she is old enough. 



5 comments:

Marla B said...

ayou look soo happy to have her home! pix are great! it's it exciting!! i am happy for you and her!!
marla

Em said...

TRISHA...you can't be old enough to have a kindergartener! Well, I guess you are, but you know me...I am just starting my family and still feel too young to be doing it. Congrats on "almost" making it through her going to school without crying. I have to tell you...she is a CUTIE! Wow. She's going to break some serious hearts. Good luck with that! ;) Hope all is well! Miss ya!

Took said...

Trisha!
WOW, I can't even begin to imagine the first day of kindergarten for my boys! What cute pics you got! Oh, Ben Barnes found me on facebook. I haven't caught up with him though. And speaking of that dance, I just found the picture of me, you, and sarah at the belly dance school all dressed up.

love,
took

Sarah Lee said...

You're so funny... I totally knew you were going to cry! I don't know, it's just not me... I am SO happy to have just 3 hours with only 2 kids!

Dimitri and Zachary said...

That is AWESOME!! I bet she is so happy and proud of herself. I just can't believe how independent she is- Good for her! I don't blame you for crying, I am sure that we will be doing the exact same thing in a few years! I am in shock because I picture all of those "little" pictures on your desk at AMEX!